Examples of work
- Representation of Spanish listed company in a dispute with minority shareholders.
- Representation of a group of franchisees in inquiry proceedings against DIY store conglomerate Intergamma with regard to, among other things, amendment of governance structure and shareholders' information rights.
- Representation of an expropriated party in the indemnification proceedings following the nationalisation of SNS Reaal.
- Representation of various investment firms in takeover or M&A disputes.
- Defence of various professionals in professional liability claims (civil and disciplinary).
- Representation of long-term shareholder Franklin Templeton in the inquiry proceedings against AkzoNobel following AkzoNobel's rejection of PPG's hostile bid.
- Defended digital printing company Xeikon in inquiry proceedings before the Enterprise Chamber initiated by minority shareholders regarding the company's policy during the period of its listing on the stock exchange.
Excellent technical and legal skills and knowledge.
Extremely focused, capable and very realistic in her advice.
Keen eye on the various interests at play.
Very sharp mind.
Not only a technically good lawyer but someone with a holistic view – she is very experienced.
Many lawyers take a long time to earn my trust but she impressed me from day one.
Other work experience
Prior to the launch of Evers Soerjatin, Ellen was a partner at, inter alia, Stek (2011–2016), and DLA Piper (1993–2008), where she headed the Amsterdam Litigation & Regulatory practice group. Between 2008 and 2011, Ellen was an advisor to the Board of the Dutch Healthcare Authority. Ellen holds several supervisory board memberships, she is member of the Forensic Accountancy Chamber (advising on new standards for forensic accountancy) and the Internal Investigations Chamber of the Institute for Financial Crime, and she has been a member of the Appellate Disciplinary Court. Ellen is fellow of ZIFO (Zuidas Institute for Financial law and Corporate law), en is a member of the committee advising the Dutch Register on Court Appointed Experts (NRGD) on the standards for admitting experts in the field of forensic investigations.
Dutch law and French language and literature, University of Utrecht (1993)
Mediation training, Conflict Mediation Centre (2007)
Rimari Curriculum for court appointed officials in inquiry proceedings (2021)
Post doc Company and corporate Law, Grotius Academy (2002)
Corporate Litigation Association
Commercial Mediaton Association
Accounting Law Association
Stichting Rimari (a Dutch foundation for officers appointed by the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal)
Dutch, English, French